Friday, January 13, 2012

Marcel Duchamp

This was one of many paintings I liked by Marcel Duchamp. This work is called About Young Sister, and this captuers every emotion. I like all the colors and the way he made her body. It is very different and that holds my attention to figure out what he felt while making this. This piece is delict but touching, giving me a deep feeling that brings out sorrow but its like a release of tention. Everytime I look at this piece the first thing I notice is how her face is slightly hidden by her hair this stood out to me because I do that when i feel shame or sorrow.  I believe that is what Marcel Duchamp is trying to portray.
This was a very unique piece by Marcel that engrossed me to keep looking for new things hidden inside the work. Also it brings out a sign of beauty inside humanity. There are many different faces lerking throughout this piece and it shows them intwind. I find this cool because it shows all different people can come together. I love the beauty in this painting that gives me hope of a better future. Marcel is making me believe that everyone may on day get along and have a joyful life full of happiness and beauty. Everything about this piece catches my eye and I one day would like to give hope in my art.  This was another great inspiration.


I really like this artist's work.  It intregs me and pulls me in with every color an design.  I enjoy trying to figure out what made Marcel Duchamp to design these beautiful pieces fo art. Also, this artist can capture emotions very well, especially in the one with the woman bent over with a wine glass.  What I liked about that is he's given you a feeling that is protrade int he drawing.  He was a poet  also which gives me a connection to him.  His art work grabs attention and gives me inspirations to do something different that is unique and crazy.  Marcel's art gives me feelings that changes my outlook on art and also life.  In general which is another reason I really like this artist. 

I found that Marcel's father did not find his work to be very interesting. He worked hard and put his hard work into it but his father still didnt see it as very intriging. It was also very weird he did not get excepted into Ecole des Beaux-Arts.  There are so many emotions, and comedy inside of his work.  There is just something that makes me wonder why they didnt notice his talent till way later. I thought it was amazing how  he stuck with it even though his father never excepted and it took so long to be noticed.  I intend to do the same, by continuing to grow in may art and sticking with it throughout my life.

Background Information:

Marcel Duchamp was born in Blainville-Crevon.  He was the fourth child out of seven others.  Four of his other siblings also became artist.  Marcel failed on the entrance exam to the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, but after he became a cartooniest for Le Courier Francais and Le Lire. In 1935 he could only sell one of his Rotoreliefs and his dad was not veryproud of the work he prosented.

No comments:

Post a Comment